Friday, December 21, 2007

Celebration


I have beenn working with my friends at ad Ass Coffee Company to bring in a year of monthly open microphone nights. Open mic -as they are called- are fun, and so many people get to transcend their anxiety, or even display their anxiety proudly, as they sing their music, read their poetry, play music, while hordes of peop-le drink caffeinated beverages, and applaud.

My vision is that the Bad Ass Coffee Company will host one of these every week, and I will see people storm the door here every week, like the open mic nights I remember from San Jose.

It is a beautiful morning. Here in Redding, California, the chill penetrated my jacket, and off in the distance, I could see the sun creeping over the hill. I am grateful for the cold. It wakes me up in a special way, and then I get to enjoy my chai latte as the spicy concoction warms my insides.

That is all I have to report for now.

1 comment:

Rodney Olsen said...

The first time I experienced chai was during my first trip to India in 2003. Everywhere we went they would serve it to me. I wasn't at all keen on it.

The second time I visited India, in 2005, I got to like it and I still enjoy a cup of it now and then. I think the main attraction of it is that it tastes like India to me.