Thursday, July 10, 2008

As For the Issue of Money

I sit in the Redding library, and have for the first time ever, completed an application to get online use of PayPal services. I think my being goaded into the tech world is wild, and I have endured a certain level of criticism. In my blogging, I accept that twenty-three year olds across the globe effectively use html, and accomplish alliances with those that do; they create blogs with stylish layout, multiple links, and copious amounts of pictures to entice readership.

I want to say I dedicate myself to my tech minimalist lifestyle, though the demands of my own communications quickly force me to advance my own techie knowledge to accelerate my own ability to share information, quickly, and cheaply across the globe, with a minimum of effort on my part.

I have had friends who shared with me that as a man who looks for more money, more resources, I should consider getting online sponsorship for my blog. Sponsorship in blogging is an intersting concept, and I have sat watching public television, wondering : what would sponsorship do to me, and to my website. Can I be assured that the friendships I make, the information I share, maintain its integrity when I look to outside sponsorship in my blogging?

So, I had to reach here to some serious reflection on the world of sponsorship, and I look to Mike Myers, who here, in this clip expounds on the challenges inherent in "selling out."



Regarding the day of my birthday. I embroiled myself in a wonderful conversation with a friend online, thrilled to enjoy Redding when the smoke in the air seemed lighter than usual.

I chatted in a Redding coffee house with my bahasa instructor. I felt sad as to the fact that my conversation came to an abrupt end when she disappeared into a deep sleep without telling me. This tells me much about my ability to maintain a person's interest. Sad, having no idea what happened, I disappeared into a Japanese restaurant to eat my sorrows away.

Caveat emptor. Beware any Japanese restaurant that would give you a fortune cookie. I finished my bento box. I opened up my fortune cookie, and read the little paper inside. It read : For better luck, you have to wait till spring. Anyone getting superstitious today?

Terima kasih, Salamat kaayo, Gracias, Gracie, Danke.
Thank you for reading my blog today

12 comments:

lusia said...

hi friend thanks for the comment.hope to see you again.bye

Aice Nice Concepts said...

yeah money sometimes comes up to be an issue, people find ways to earn it even on the internet wow! yeah
we can almost find anything and everything online including love of your life (^_^) ahihihi!

IamwhoIam said...

You must by you and that is what it is.

Princess Cinderella said...

hello...
Internet is a fad now most people around the globe used it....you can make money online or you can make friends online...bwt the relationship thing..hmmm i doubt about it now cause I've been there before and it doenst work and its really hurt me..well bwt thanks for the comment and visit to my blog...hope you visit again..can we exchange link??pls link me here and let me know so that i can add you up...muah ingats...ja ne...

Island Angel said...

u wrote:
"In my blogging, I accept that twenty-three year olds across the globe effectively use html, and accomplish alliances with those that do; they create blogs with stylish layout, multiple links, and copious amounts of pictures to entice readership."

who do u really mean?

Princess Cinderella said...

oist taga san kah???davao???hahaha..hahahay di mo pa rin ako ni link...muah ingats

Keith said...

Gel, you visit, and you ask a most pointed question.... You think there could be one 23 year old blogger that inspiured that comment? That could be terribly presumptuous...

Keith said...

Princess Cinderella, I added yer link, and will have to consult someone who reads Bisaya to make sense of what you just wrote... LOL

Keep coming back

lisaschaos said...

Hmm, interesting. I wouldn't think sponsers would matter but who knows. I personally like to keep my blog ad free but I still read blogs with ads.

Irish Coffeehouse said...

I'm sorry, but I am literally falling out of my chair laughing.

I find such comical irony in your fortune cookie script being you are not one to patiently await for things. And so the taunting continues. lol

Happy Belated Birthday!

Keith said...

Lisaschaos.... That is just what I aim to decide. Your input is appreciated.

Keith said...

Irish coffeehouse, your comment made me smile. I thank you for the visit.

I aim to find humor in mo0st of my life. I would never have mentioned the fortune cookie if I did not see the humor in it