Thursday, August 14, 2008

"Kalah jadi abu, menang jadi arang."

A person will worship something, have no doubt about that. We may think our tribute is paid in secret in the dark recesses of our hearts, but it will out. That which dominates our imaginations and our thoughts will determine our lives, and our character. Therefore, it behooves us to be careful what we worship, for what we are worshiping we are becoming. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson


And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

~Corinthians I 13:13


Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth. And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away. And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them: But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold. ~Matthew 13: 5-8


I am learning something of humility. I do not mean that I am becoming humble. I also do not feel humiliated. Still, I am finding myself seeing things from a less prideful perspective. I read the quote above from Emerson, and I know that to a great degree, I have been culturing certain negativity in my life. Strangers who have n ever met me have commented in recent weeks on it. Yikes!

I am trying to sow good things ion this world. I have spoken to a friend of mine, and he has asked me about my health, about my follow through, about my attention to details. I spoke of this blog as a place for accountability. That is unrealistic. If I am not dealing with things in my life, the last place I am apt to bring them out would be in this page.

Still, to a great degree, I am fostering wonderful things in my life. I have not lied about that. Trying to achieve a critical balance, I have sen t off pointed angry email to people who I am best off ignoring. One of my friends had commented that as a blogger, a blogist, a member the growing blogosphere, I have a responsibility to myself. That responsibility is to know a part of my life is placed out to the world, the more honest I get in here. I have often recalled the quote from Matthew where Jesus says “Do not cast your pearls before swine.”

On the Internet, a man has to know that anyone has the right to come to any site that has not secured entry. For m e to note that someone I do not like has been creeping along the periphery of my site only means that that peson has a reason to know what I am writing. I would be foolish to challenge anyone's right to click on my site.

What are my pearls? What do I want to protect? These are my questions to think about, to ponder. I am blessed for everyone that visits. Indeed, I can write honestly without challenging my own personal boundaries. May everyone who visits take away something good for themselves.

I do not offer any great wisdom, but for today, I am gratified to know I can write you all one more day.



Thank you for reading.







7 comments:

WebbieStuffs said...

Honestly, I feel the same humility in the past few days. In fact my blog posts reflect it although it is not stated directly/literally.

It is an awkward feeling for me but I think it is a good thing.

WeblogLearner said...

It is a little strange but we are mistaken about humuity...sometimes, when we lie too low, we feel a bit of humiliation but it is only in our imagination because people are not that really harsh as we think they are.

Akira 思胜 said...

Thanks for sharing of your thoughts ya~~~

Nyl said...

and i affirm!

thanks for the wonderful quote.:)

nice entry!

Zen Ventures said...

well said. I had struggled with the same dilemma of whether to put restrictions on my site or not. But I digressed and choose the latter. Being that, I have literally given everyone easy access to my thoughts and my site but at the end of the day, it's the knowledge that people actually reads it and comments is all that matters. Don't you agree?- Have a happy weekend

WebbieStuffs said...

sure thing..am a happy commentor, just tell me.. ^^

Nyl said...

Do you answer tag?I have one for you in my site..just feel free to do it if it interests you.

God bless!