Saturday, November 1, 2008

Elections This Tuesday!



It isn't pollution that is hurting the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it. -- Vice President Dan Quayle

Nobody is interested in solutions if they don't think there's a problem. Given that starting point, I believe it is appropriate to have an over-representation of factual presentations on how dangerous it is as a predicate for opening up the audience to listen to what the solutions are, and how hopeful it is that we are going to solve this crisis. -- Vice President Al Gore



Obviously, not all politicians are created equal. This is my simple point as I think about how to cast my vote on Tuesday. No. I do not declare my votes, and I d not try to sway others in their voting. I am thrilled that for the first time in my life, I have studied the issues on the ballot, and am ready to vote on them. In the years past, I was sure that I was not qualified to vote on most issues, and would only vote on those I had studied.

I believe that voting is not only my right as a citizen, but it is also my responsibility. Why on earth would I complain about a bill over which I had declined to vote? It is exciting to feel the election coming up. It is a thrill to know that new decisions will be made, new faces will populate many offices, and I have had my chance to speak my mind. With that said, I will be sure to mass send my voter guide on November fifth for anyone vexed with indecision.

Thank you for reading.

3 comments:

LZ said...

Happy voting! ;) And hmm..I cant wait to know the result!!

Kikey Loo said...

i can't vote.. :)

Keith said...

Lim Zhi, we are all waiuting for Tuesday with baited breath. Seeya.

Kikey Loo, if you hang out here long enough, you can... How well do you like Massachusetts? Or the rest of these states? Kikey, you have already seen more of this country than I have. I feel ashamed