Wednesday, May 13, 2009

This Is Spinal Tap




I am still in Redding, California, and have not yet found myself a new home. Soon, I will be leaving Redding, and am excited to see Jakarta. I will have a good camera, and promise to take many pictures when I visit Indonesia. I will get used to downloading pictures, because my friends in Indonesia, Philippines, and Malaysia take copious pictures, and set a standard I will meet.

After being here in Redding for the past eighteen months, I am thrilled to visit Asia from a point where I will be centrally located near the Philippines, Malaysia, and Australia. At two thousand kilometers, I will not be able to see Davao or Cagayan de Oro, but I will take comfortable knowing I am close to areas I recognize...

It is wild to embark on this trip, when, now I am functionally homeless, still working in a grocery store, still looking for answers in my health concerns. But in a month, I will come back to California to continue the rest of these investigations..

By the first of June, my neurologist will have my brain and cervical spine scanned on an MRI. They will do a spinal tap on me to test my spinal fluid for multiple sclerosis, and I will have nerve conduction tests to see how much the nerves in my arms are functioning. I have to admit that I look to my mother and the advice of the nurse at my doctor's office to stay ready for the spinal tap. It is not a comforting image the idea of anyone placing a needle in my tailbone.

Still, it is not the first time someone has done this to me. I just have to buck up and show up for the test.

The approval from MediCal came in, and now I get to see what the doctor can figure out after this line of tests comes in. So, though I do not have much to report, I remain excited.

Thank you for reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello

Thank you for the great blog. I really enjoyed reading it. I am doing online research on health and I found this blog. In fact If I were you I would submit this blog to http://www.autosurfmonster.com and have thousands of others see it for free… well I look forward to all the updates and I have added this blog to my favorites.

Jessica