Saturday, January 1, 2011

MMXI: Selamat Tahun Baru

"We close our eyes and the world has turned around again
We close our eyes and dream and another year has come and gone"--Oingo Boingo



I love the Internet, and I love the blogosphere, because I get to share with people all over the world. I rarely get excited about holidays, so I enjoy hearing from friends across the International Date Line. That also means I celebrated a good fifteen hours before the rest of America. But, I do also celebrate here...


Today, I awoke after four hours sleep. I still drifted in and out before someone arrived to help me from bed at seven. Despite my desire to not participate in nightime party activities, I decided to show up in the main room, watch Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve.

Still, waking up today, overtired and uninspired, I saw my general feelings about holidays hold true. Everyone loves parties, and celebration. We love excuses to gather, enjoy companionship and good food.

Outside partiers ate jello shots, drank tequila, and shot pool. I left my room to eat a couple tortilla chips, while watching Jenny McCarthy bent crooked from too much hairspray, and eighty-one year old Dick Clark, no longer hanging out on the street with his trench coat and ear muffs.

I am on of two people I know did not drink alcohol last night, and I felt exhausted, and toasted by night end. Still, I did not hide in my room, and despite all said, I had a good time!

Happy New Year!

I will include this vuideo, because I think accordion playing clowns are a great way to ring in the New Year!

1 comment:

jollibee's history said...

Thanks for writing this. I really feel as though I know so much more about this than I did before. Your blog really brought some things to light that I never would have thought about before reading it. You should continue this, Im sure most people would agree youve got a gift.